Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 12:00 PM EST am 09. Dezämber 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to
4 PM EST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Jackson has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow and sleet... which is in effect
from midnight tonight to 4 PM EST Tuesday.
* Snow and sleet is expected to begin shortly after midnight tonight.
This will taper off to mainly just some flurries by 4 PM on
* Generally 1 to 3 inches of snow and sleet accumulation can be
expected... with some locally higher amounts near 4 inches
* Roads may become snow or ice covered and slick in spots.
Also... times of reduced visibilities will be possible in heavy
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and sleet will
cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited
visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Statement as of 10:11 AM EST am 09. Dezämber 2013
The National Weather Service in Jackson Kentucky has issued a
* Flood Advisory for
the Cumberland River at Barbourville.
* Until Tuesday morning.
* At 9:30 am Monday the stage was 22.8 feet.
* Flood stage is 27.0 feet.
* Forecast... the river will rise to near 23.3 feet this afternoon
before it begins to recede.
Nearby Radar Stations